The Best Love

Love is not interested in it's own way; but is preoccupied with the interests of others!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Inside Out

I was re-reading my fav book on child raising, and received a revelation for my own life. Go figure, I am trying to fix my kids and yet, I find a nugget to fix me!
Upon my journey to figure out who I really am, I had discovered many behaviors about myself that I do not like and wish that I could change. After several attempts to change with no progress to show, I got fed up and had decided that it was impossible for me to change.
Then the words from this book (that I have read many times before) jumped off the page and keep replaying in my mind.  It says you have to change the heart before the behavior can change.
Hello! I have to fix my insides before it reflects on the outside! (Matthew 15:19- For out of the heart proceeds evil thoughts. Colossians 3:15- And let the peace of God rule in your hearts).
So it turns out I still have a lot to work on. At least this time I know where to focus my energy; on the inside, not the out!

No comments: